Ben Campbell-Johnston Memorial Walk

Our generous partners and friends from the Wine Trade Sports Club Foundation have organised a walk in memory of Ben Campbell-Johnston, who who tragically died in October 2016.

Ben was well known across the wine industry as a fortified wine expert and also as co-founder of the Big Fortified Tasting and more recently Fizz, and he was a great supporter of The Benevolent.

His death at the end of October due to mental health issues came totally out of the blue to everyone he knew.

Mental health problems can affect people in many ways. They affect around one in four people in Britain and range from common mental health problems such as depression and anxiety, to more rare problems such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. A mental health problem can feel just as bad, or worse, as any physical disorder, only you cannot see it.

Ben spent several years actively promoting the English sparkling wine industry through the Fizz tasting that he co-founded, so walking around English wine country seemed an appropriate way to remember him. Hattingley Valley in Hampshire have very generously given us use of their facilities to host the start and finish of the Ben Campbell-Johnston Memorial Walk.

The finer details of the walk will be circulated shortly by the Wine Trade Sports Club Foundation, but for now, please save the date, get a group of friends, family & colleagues together, set up and come and join us on Saturday 9th September.

This will be a family event, with the walk being around 9-10 miles around the Weald of the South Downs followed by a barbeque.

WHAT TO DO TO SUPPORT THE INITIATIVE:

The 80% of the profits of the Walk will go toward our upcoming Mental Health campaign, due to be released at the beginning of 2018 and the remaining 20% to Mind. To make your donation please click HERE. 

To participate to the walk please email Christopher Eliott Lockhart it will be a day for families, so bring along your children, friends and family members! To set up your fundraising page please click HERE.

Sending out a very special thanks to Christopher Eliott Lockhart and the WTSC for  organising the event!

For further information please email Alessandra Brugola, Marketing and Communications Manager.