Whether you need an emergency grant to get you through immediate crisis, long-term support to get you back on your feet or emotional support or advice to help you during a particularly hard time in your life, we are here to help.
Types of Support:
• Ongoing and one-off emergency grants to alleviate financial hardship relating to illness, life changing disability, unemployment and family crisis.
• Debt Advice including providing practical support and advice, grants for business related bankruptcy and referral to relevant agencies and support networks.
• TV licenses and a discretionary Christmas grant for individuals living on limited incomes such as states pensions or disability allowance.
• The provision of practical, emotional and financial support during times of family crisis such as a loved one becoming seriously ill or passing away.
• Grants for funeral expenses in exceptional cases and advice on accessing government support.
• Adaptations to the home, including wet rooms, wheelchair ramps and stair lifts for the elderly, seriously ill or disabled.
• Funding towards the purchase of mobility aids including electric wheelchairs, Zimmer frames and specialised furniture.
• Practical support to navigate complexities of accessing benefits and support from the Government or specialist charities.
• Advice on emotional wellbeing and stress in the workplace or home. Read our Welfare Advice Sheets here.
• Financial contribution towards palliative holidays for members of the trade facing life changing or terminal illness.
*Although the above list gives a good indication of the types of support available it is not exhaustive and each request will be assessed on a case by case basis